Monday, May 12, 2008

Mindsets and relationships

Pre script: This post looks philosophical, and a real polambal, so people who are trying to get fun, move next.

This is the hardest part of my life so far. Mbbe Im responsible for it (Pothum endra manam.... ). Im going through the first phase in my life where I need to 'know' people.

My problem is I have to now look at people differently. It all started when I told appa & amma that I hadnt decided what to do next (PG, job etc.). They kept suggesting to ask cousin XXX or friend YYY.

How I like to remember cousins and friends is - the one who taught me monopoly, the one who tries to scare me(I was a real hero, he always failed), the one who pushed me into a ditch, or the one who wrote code to tell Im a donkey. It is really awkward to now think of them as the one who got a job in TCS, or the one who is researching in AMD. It is never a problem asking them help, I did always ask from people computer games or zoo visits. But it is really difficult to think of them in this new way. It is idiotic asking XXX about things when I am trying to guess what his next move would be for scaring me. Even if I did not want any thing, I am now supposed to be an adult, and so am supposed to think of them in a 'matured' way(I dont really understand it).

I dont know how many of you think of this as being difficult, but it is for me. People for whom this had been simple, you are really great.

No comments: