Saturday, April 12, 2008

Resurrection

Its nearly a year since I posted... and I promise my blog will be more interesting from now...

So why this sudden re-interest? I have got too many experiences i wanna share? Im having too much free time? Want to impress people?

Nah.

The actual thing is - google search is an idiot - keeps throwing up this blog when u search for 'madthanu'. Agreed, no ones really gonna search, but still, when billy gates wants to know about this kid who bet him in the market, and uses google, it wudnt be very nice to get an ancient blog.

So, i started doing things - checked through blogger to remove google indexing - wasnt there. Tried to remove the blog altogether - maybe was there, but felt some nostalgia and decided against. Googled for google bombing, read blogs, and tried to somehow take this blog down in the rankings - didnt work. Stopped technical google bombing and started putting up posts in forums mentioning my id - still blog in top. So what? Change my userid? WONT.

So, after hearing some great suggestions ( one - i am supposed to include 'certain' stuff in my blog so that google stops putting up this blog in the search results ), I decided it was easier to start typing again.

So here I am. I have just come back after a half-way-through-interview, but later abt that.

2 comments:

Vijay Chidambaram said...

Good thing you didnt try any of it :) All of it would have been defeated by linking your blog to mine :)

Unknown said...

@vijay chidambaram
you now have the honour of having written the first comment in my blog
.... and i tried and got defeated even without linking from u - guess there isnt a lot of 'madthanu' around.
thanx a lot....
@all
correction... there is an option in blogger to stop ur blog from being indexed, but it doesnt seem to work